2019 AGM Recap
CFA held its 2019 Annual General Meeting, from February 27 – 28, in Ottawa at the Marriott Hotel.
More than 200 delegates and observers gathered to explore policy issues and industry priorities at sessions designed around the theme “Producing Prosperity.” CFA looked at the many ways that investment in rural Canada and the agri-food sector could benefit the nation as a whole.
The AGM drew a wide range of participants, including farm and agricultural industry leaders, government and industry representatives, elected officials and national media.
Our 2019 meeting program examined industry trends and looked at upcoming challenges and opportunities in the sector. There was a strong focus on the future of the sector in looking at new technologies and the implementation of the new carbon pricing system. The first annual Brigid Rivoire Award for Champions of Agricultural Mental Health was presented at the AGM to the UPA for their amazing Sentinel Program.
During the AGM, CFA held elections and elected an entirely new executive team. Read the news release on the new executive team here.
Download presentations by our AGM speakers:
- Candace Vinke, Sustainable Development Director at Viresco Solutions – Carbon Pricing Impacts and Opportunities
- Environment and Climate Change Canada – Federal Carbon Pollution Pricing System – Focus on Agriculture
- Garth Whyte, President and CEO of Fertilizer Canada, 4R Nutrient Stewardship: Climate Smart Agriculture
- Carla Ventin, Senior VP of Federal Government Relations at FCPC – Feeding the World Together
- Lee Moats, Member of the Economic Strategy Table – Propelling the Sector Forward
- Howard Mains, Owner of Tactix Government Relation and Public Affairs – Macro Trends in Agricultural Equipment
- Martin Caron, Vice-President of the Union des producteurs agricoles – Sentinel Program, winner of the Brigid Rivoire Mental Health Award
- Christa Wright, Operation Manager at Agriculture in the Classroom Canada – AITC Canada
At our AGM participants heard dynamic policy debates, interesting panel discussions, and enjoyed valuable learning and networking opportunities.
Wednesday, February 27th
Thursday, February 28th