The premier gathering of Canadian farm leaders and industry representatives
CFA held its 2018 Annual General Meeting, from February 28th to March 1st, in Ottawa at the Marriott Hotel. More than 200 delegates and observers gathered to explore policy issues and industry priorities at sessions designed around the theme “Partnering for Success.”
The AGM drew a wide range of participants, including farm and agricultural industry leaders, government and industry representatives, elected officials and national media.
SEE THESE PRESENTATIONS:
Our 2018 meeting program examined industry trends and look at the diverse ways that farmers work together. Farm groups collaborate with a myriad of organizations, both directly and indirectly linked to agriculture. These connections show how farming and food production are woven into many aspects of Canadian life — from our growing economy, to scientific advancements, to sustainability, to community development. Presentations included:
- Janet Drysdale, CN Rail: Expanding Capacity for the Future
- Carla Ventin, Food & Consumer Products Canada: Feeding the World, Together
- Garth Whyte, CEO Fertilizer Canada: Partnering for Success
- Murad Al-Katib, Chair of the National Agri-Food Economic Strategy Table: From Producer to the World
- Mike Hoffort, President and CEO, Farm Credit Canada: Power of Partnership
- Craig Klemmer, Senior Agricultural Economist, Farm Credit Canada: Outlook for Canadian Agriculture
- Dr. Lois Wright Morton, North American Climate Smart Agriculture Alliance: A new vision and model for agriculture
At our AGM participants heard dynamic policy debates, interesting panel discussions, and enjoyed valuable learning and networking opportunities.
See our photo highlights: