On this page, we share job opportunities at CFA and within CFA’s membership.
If your organization/business would like to post a job opportunity on this page, please contact us.
Bilingual Executive Assistant (Part-time)
Purpose and Reporting:
The Canadian Federation of Agriculture (CFA) is seeking someone to fill this part-time position (21 hours per week) on a temporary basis beginning in September 2022 until June 3rd, 2023, with possibility of an extension.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for the administrative and logistical aspects of the federation, and for contributing to the smooth function and operation of the National Office.
The position reports directly to the Executive Director. If you are seeking to work with a small team and are a positive, multi-tasking professional who takes great pride in your work and collaboration, then the CFA may be the right fit for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of conference calls and other meetings as required
- Prepares agendas in coordination with the Executive Director and other staff members
- Production of Annual General Meeting workbook
- Preparation and coordination of translation of Annual General Meeting materials
- Negotiate contracts with interpretation services, translation services and other suppliers as required
- Assists with meeting outreach and registration, where required
- Coordinate travel arrangements, hotel accommodations and registration for the Executive Director and Executive members and staff (as required) for national and international meetings and conferences
Document Support & Dissemination
- Ensures that working and meeting files are appropriately maintained
- Ensures and oversees translation of documents as appropriate
- Preparation of meeting materials for the President and Executive Director as required
- Ensures that incoming documents are distributed to the President, Executive Director, and staff as required
- Distributes documents to other departments, members, government and their agencies, other stakeholders and clients, the media and public as directed by the Executive Director
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, responsible for overseeing, booking and managing the President’s meeting and travel schedule.
- Responds to routine information requests and direct calls to appropriate department personnel
- Handles routine messages for the Executive Director
- Receives and directs incoming calls for the President
- Corresponds with other CFA staff members, Board members, etc., either verbally or in writing on behalf of the Executive Director as required
- Liaise with other staff in CFA Member offices as required
- Any other duties required by the Executive Director, CFA Staff and/or members of the Board of Directors
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes (Executive Committee, Board of Directors and Annual General Meeting)
- Strong proficiency in MS Office programs
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communications skills
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines
- High level of diplomacy and strong communications and negotiating skills
- Resourceful and able to manage several shifting priorities
- Bilingualism in French and English is essential
Physical Requirements & Application Process
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit as soon as possible a detailed resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.