2022 CFA AGM Recap
The 2022 CFA AGM, hosted this year from March 2-3, brought together farm leaders from across the country as well as industry stakeholders and government representatives to help set the priorities for Canadian Agriculture in the coming year. The AGM was a great success with over 160 attendees.
This year’s theme for the CFA AGM was “Finding sustainable solutions in time of uncertainty”, focusing on finding solutions to some of the complicated and multi-faceted problems concerning Canadian agriculture, such as climate change and supply chain disruptions.
The AGM kicked off with CFA President Mary Robinson’s opening remarks and a video sponsored by CN rail on CFA’s Hay West initiative.
During the CFA AGM the CFA Board passed 55 resolutions for the upcoming year. Click here to view these resolutions.
Panels and Fireside Chat
CFA held two panels as well as a fireside chat during the AGM. Recordings and presentations that are available to share for these segments can be found below:
From Farm to Market: Finding Sustainable Climate Solutions (view a recording here)
*Sponsored by Syngenta, moderated by CFA Vice-President Keith Currie
- Presentation from Lyall Wiebe, CEO of Triple Green Products
- Presentation from Maik Kindermann, Head of R&D, DSM
On-farm Measurement and Protocols
Public and Private Carbon Credits
- Presentation from Judy Meltzer, Carbon Pricing Bureau Director General, ECCC
- Presentation from Alastair Handley, Founder, Radicle
Fireside Chat: Shifting Supply Chain & Trade Dynamics (view a recording here)
*Sponsored by Food, Health and Consumer Products of Canada (FHCP), moderated by Michael Graydon, CEO of FHCP
- Jennefer Griffith, Executive Director, Food Processing Skills Canada
- Randy White, President, Sysco Canada
- Tim Searchinger, Senior Fellow & Technical Director Food Program World Resources Institute
The EU/US Approach to Sustainability: A Canadian Perspective (view a recording here)
- Lynn Fortin, Agriculture Counsellor at the Mission of Canada to the European Union
- Gizem Eras, Counsellor (Agriculture and Fisheries) Embassy of Canada, Washington DC
Farm Credit Canada Presentation (view a recording here)
- Michael Hoffort, CEO and President of Farm Credit Canada
At the AGM, CFA heard from several key political speakers. Watch the recordings below:
- Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food (a text version of these remarks can be found here)
- John Barlow, Agriculture Critic of the Conservative Party
- Yves Perron, Agriculture Critic for the Bloc Québécois
- Alistair MacGregor, Agriculture Critic for the New Democratic Party
Brigid Rivoire Award
The fourth annual Brigid Rivoire Award for Champions of Agricultural Mental Health was presented at the AGM to Au Coeur des Familles Agricoles (ACAF), who provide farmer-tailored counselling services to farmers all across Québec. Watch a recording of the award ceremony here.
Learn more about ACAF on their website here.
Read a profile of ACAF’s work here.
Corporate Leader Update Videos
CFA members also received updates from CFA’s Corporate Leaders throughout the AGM with pre-taped videos or live presentations which outlined their organizations goals and activities. You can find these updates here.
Spirits Canada Virtual Cocktail Reception
On March 1st, Spirits Canada hosted the Spirit’s Canada Reception, where Spirits Canada President and CEO Jan Westcott, gave some remarks to the CFA AGM delegates and great appetizers and cocktails were enjoyed by all.
CFA would like to thank Spirits Canada for hosting this wonderful event!
Thank you to our sponsors
CFA would like to sincerely that our Corporate Partner, Corporate Leaders and all the AGM sponsors for helping to make this event a reality. We could not do this without your support.