On Thursday, November 1st, CFA President Ron Bonnett and CFA staff participated in a multi-sectoral roundtable convened by Ms. Judith Andrew, Commissioner for Employers on the Canadian Employment Insurance Commission, to hear updates on EI and other related labour programming. The agenda and presentations from throughout the day are available at the bottom of this page.
The roundtable also included a roundtable discussion with Mr. Rodger Cuzner, the Parliamentary Secretary for Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, regarding a prospective review of the EI program. While details on this review are still to be determined, CFA encourages members to reach out to Scott Ross to share any concerns, questions, or potential input into this potentially comprehensive review of EI.
The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos also discussed the future of Canada’s labour market and programming with industry representatives, at which time CFA highlighted the importance of pathways to permanent residency for year-round farm jobs, international farm worker programs, and recognition of the immense demand for unique skills in agriculture that are required for the agri-food sector to achieve its growth potential.
- Key trends in EI
- Labour Market Development Agreements and Work-Sharing
- Employment Insurance “The Evidence Base”
- Forecasting and Addressing Employer Skills Needs
- National Occupational Classification and Taxonomy
- Overview on Modernizing EI
- EI Simplifications – Employer Reporting
- Premium Reduction Program
- TFWP – Efforts to Improve Processing