As part of our work to address labour shortages, CFA will host a roundtable discussion, titled Fostering Trust & Compliance in International Farm Worker Programs. The session will take place on May 3 in Ottawa and will be co-chaired by Ron Bonnett, CFA President, and Rodger Cuzner, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour.
The meeting will bring agricultural representatives together with officials from various departments to discuss steps to improve the fairness, efficiency and transparency of service delivery in the TFWP program and associated integrity systems. Proceedings will culminate with a roundtable discussion featuring federal ministers.
We are pleased to announce the following special guests:
- Hon. Patty Hajdu, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour;
- Hon. Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture & Agri-food; and
- Serge Cormier, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Departmental officials from Employment & Social Development Canada (ESDC), Service Canada, Agriculture & Agri-food Canada (AAFC) and Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will also participate. The four segments of the session include:
1. Setting the context
2. Efficiency & transparency in TFWP processing
3. Ensuring a fair & effective integrity regime
4. Ministerial roundtable on effectiveness and fairness in TFWP service delivery and integrity
In addition, ESDC will hold a consultation session in Ottawa on the following morning, May 4, as part of the ongoing primary agricultural review. The exact location for this additional event is still to be determined, but it will run from 8 a.m. to noon and roundtable participants in the primary agricultural industry will be invited. If you have any questions, or wish to have someone from your organization attend, contact Scott Ross by no later than Wednesday, April 25.