Leaders representing Canadian farm groups gathered in Ottawa from Feb 22-23 for the Canadian Federation of Agriculture (CFA) 2017 Annual Meeting and examined policy options to better position the industry for growth.
CFA members heard keynote speeches and participated in discussions centred on the theme “Canada’s 150: Our Farms, Our Food, Our Future.”
The conference theme was “Canada’s 150: Our Farms, Our Food, Our Future” and our program featured discussions organized around three topics: globalization, natural resources and strategies for growth. Our guest speakers examined policy options and proposals to best position Canada’s agriculture industry to achieve its full potential.
Elections were held to select our President and Vice-Presidents. Ron Bonnett was re-elected as President, Norm Hall was elected as Vice-President and Marcel Groleau was acclaimed as 2nd Vice-President.
Click on the links below to view the presentations given by speakers at the AGM:
- Dominic Barton, chair of the Canadian Minister of Finance’s Advisory Council on Economic Growth
- Dale Beugin, Executive Director & Research Director at Canada’s Ecofiscal Commission
- Dr. Susan Wood-Bohm, Executive Director at Alberta Innovates Bio Solutions
- Carla Ventin, Food & Consumer Products of Canada
- Garth Whyte, Fertilizer Canada
- Mike Hoffort, Farm Credit Canada
Photo Gallery: Check out these pictures of conference speakers and delegates.
Past Annual Meetings
View the video recording of our 2016 Annual Meeting. Click here.